Sunday, November 17, 2013

Bear's First Meeting With The Natives

I met Bear through a fan site for the MTV show Daria. We knew each other online for two years before meeting in person in July 2011. He was working at Fort Knox at the time and had to go to training at Fort Jackson in Columbia. While in Columbia, I drove down to meet him and to have what is called a "Dariacon". Well, needless to say, kismet smacked both of us over the heads with cement blocks. This started a year-long long distance relationship. He made his first visit to my house in late August 2011. He knew about the cats, for I made mention to them several times on the site we are both members of and throughout our phone conversations. He arrived late in the evening and the first thing he saw as he was walking in the door was Bandit, my resident guard cat. Bandit kept a constant eye on him while the other residents of the house at the time, Blizzard, Midnight and Logan (who now is the Big Kitty On Campus at my sister's house) weren't sure what to make of him.

Bandit spent the entire weekend "explaining" to Bear in his own cat way that he was the dominant male entity in the house. Headbutting Bear's knee, waking Bear up in the middle of the night by jumping up on him and staring, voicing his displeasure when I made our breakfast first - you know being a typical alpha cat. Midnight and Logan could have really cared less - they just figured he was to assist me as their personal maid service. The one that really surprised us both was Blizzard - who instantly assumed that Bear was HER man and that was I intruding on their budding relationship.

Now what made matters worse for Bear was the fact that both of my sisters also own cats. So as I was introducing him to my family, he also got introduced to their cats which meant he had no escape from the four-legged creatures which would come to take over his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your insightful comments about stupid cats.